Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:08:29 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Nick Hibma <hibma@skylink.it>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 08:09:41PM +0100, Nick Hibma wrote:

> With freeze I meant, freeze. Rock solid. Nothing to be done. Stepping
> through the code the laptop freezes in the second putb in pcic_disable.
> As in stepping the assembler to that outb does never return the prompt.

I certainly have no clue what I'm doing here (and I can't seem to find
a reference for these pcic registers on the net), but I did notice
that commenting out the "sp->putb(sp, PCIC_INT_GEN, 0);" stops the
freeze on removal, but then I start getting "ed0: device timeout"s
and the machine freezes if I put a card in (right after the beep).

I noticed that the "new" code does the power off before the
reset.. dunno if this is significant.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/