Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 20:47:48 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggestion for RELNOTES

On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 10:01:12AM -0700, Nick Sayer wrote:
> Um, I noticed that there still is a line in the Release Notes talking
> about certain WORM burners being supported. Perhaps this line should
> be removed given the deprecation of the WORM driver. Without which
> support for writing CDs at all really isn't a part of the operating
> system, per se. So any writable CD drive is supported as a reader
> to the extent that the drive in question chooses to look like one.
> Make sense?
>
> I would just have committed the change, but thought I'd talk to
> a docco person first.

If you know that the WORM writers in question are no longer supported,
then you should remove them.

However, if it's because many more WORM devices are now supported using
a new mechanism then replacing it with text like

    FreeBSD does not need a special device to support WORM writers
    anymore.  The old "worm?" device has been superceded by the new
    "cd?" device, which includes that functionality as standard.

    See cd(4) for more details.

Edit that as necessary, depending on the fine details of the implementation.

    There's some milk in the fridge about to go off. . . and there it goes.