Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 14:14:23 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        dale2@fifth-avenue.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sending an exe or zip via HTML

> On Fri, 24 Mar 1995, Dale wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know why when I code an HTML A REF to allow a user to
> > download a file (like an exe or a zip) only the code shows up on the
> > screen rather than the usual Netscape (Save To DIsk) dialogue box?
> >
> > Does this have something to do with the file's mode or ownership?
>
> No, it has to do with your http server configuration.  What server are you
> using?

Or his client configuration for the file type.  Default file type is
"display to screen as text".  It's only files for which the default
file type is unknown (for an ftp:// URL) or for which they are known,
but the application does not exist (http:// URL) that will automatically
get the download.

Or if you configure the default action to download on the browser (I
assume he is using the Netscape browser from his original message).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.