Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:43:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
Cc:        Melvyn Sopacua <ports@webteckies.org>
Subject:   Re: PORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND and some gnome ports

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:

> Try PORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND8_INCLUDES. We can't check this from the Makefile
> though, but better be safe than sorry - it caused problems in the past.

The problem with the includes was always BIND 8 only, it never affected
BIND 9. Also, the fix went in 2.5 months ago. I would suggest that after
the next BIND 8 (and 8.4.x) upgrade (which should be soon) that you
change your test to look explicitly for
PORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND8_INCLUDES and not raise FUD where it isn't
warranted.

Doug