Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:23:41 -0700
From:      "Josh Carroll" <josh.carroll@psualum.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Lane <lane@joeandlane.com>
Subject:   Re: HOWTO: run portupgrade with original options for perl5.8

For ports without "make config" you can edit
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf and edit MAKE_ARGS, something like:

MAKE_ARGS = {
      'lang/perl5.8' => 'ENABLE_SUIDPERL=yes',
}

Of course, this only affects portupgrade/portinstall/etc. If you want
it to work for manual building of the port with make in the port dir,
you can alternatively edit /etc/make.conf and add something like:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/lang/perl5.8}
ENABLE_SUIDPERL=yes
.endif

Thanks,