Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 07:49:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Nicolas Blais <nicblais@videotron.ca>
Cc:        dburr@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: netrek-COW-3.00p0

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Nicolas Blais wrote:

> I have made the binary for COW3.00pl1 for FreeBSD 3.1 so it works
> perfectly.  It's RSA enabled.  I'm willing to send it to you so you can
> add it to the ports/package and an only cost of adding this line to the
>
> Compiled by Nicolas Blais.
>
> Not that hard right?
> Reply if you want it!  I'll be happy to send it.

You're probably new to FreeBSD ports ... which are a system of adapting
a piece of 3rd party software so that it builds and installs cleanly on
FreeBSD.  It also enables the automatic construction of "packages" which
are binary-only aggregations, that are set up to install and delete
themselves cleanly on FreeBSD.

What would be wanted here would be a port of COW3.00pl1 ... I think,
because I haven't any idea what it really is.  As long as it's not an
instruction manual for making explosives ....  :-)

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).