Date:      Thu, 01 Nov 2001 19:04:57 -0700
From:      "Joesh Juphland" <part_lion@hotmail.com>
To:        oberman@es.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pccard bridging not functioning in 4.4-RELEASE

I have two 3com 3c589 10BT pc cards.  As vanilla as they come.

In a previous thread, I described how a bit of pccard.conf mumbo jumbo made
it possible for me to get both cards up and running in 4.3-RELEASE.  It was
explained to me that pccard.conf is deprecated, and that two pcmcia nics
should "just work".

I then asked how to do it the old way, and it was suggested:

>Set the following sysctls at boot time:
>hw.pcic.intr_path="1"
>hw.pcic.irq="0"

Unfortunately, this does not solve the problem - the second 3com pcmica card
still produces the dreaded "no card in database for null null" even though
it is identical to the first card that comes up just fine.

I have _no preference_ about doing this with the deprecated pccard.conf
method, or whatever, but I need to be able to use two 3com 3C589 cards in
freeBSD 4.4.

Anyone have any ideas how to get this working ?

thanks,

Joesh