Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:18:50 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.nanoteq.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, joerg@freebsd.org
Subject:   CHROOTDIR problem in RELENG_2_2 and ports

Hi ...

When recentlt doing a make release I noticed that
the CHROOT dir is not added to the from of the
ports make file, causing a lot of

cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/.../../

and

cat: /usr/ports/databases/bla/bla : no such file or directory

Should this not be coming directly from the CHROOTDIR and
not form the absolute path ??

e.g.  cd <the CHROOTDIR>/usr/ports/bla/bla ??

I tried looking through the /usr/shar/mk/bsd.port.subdir.mk
but couldn't make headlong :)

The /usr/src/release/Makefile does the following ...

cd ${CHROOTDIR}/usr && rm -rf ports && cvs -d ${CVSROOT} co -P ports &&
cd ports && make readmes

Did I not set something ... or should this happen ??

Thanx
Reinier