Date:      Thu, 29 May 1997 22:57:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@dog.farm.org>
To:        brian@utell.co.uk (Brian Somers)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rstartd on freefall

In article <199705291406.PAA03949@utell.co.uk> you wrote:
> Heh.  This is a good example of me wandering around and trying to
> figure out how something works.  I come up with a solution and
> *assume* it's the one everyone else uses 'cos it works.

> How do other people exec remote X programs ?  Doing a "rsh ....."
> doesn't send your DISPLAY over, so you end up with some nasty lines
> like:

Nowadays, I almost always use `ssh host xprogram ...'.

ssh is installed on most machines nowadays...  and it can do compression
too, via -C.

You can type a password or set up .shosts trust or RSA identity.

--
  'Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for
   the rest of your life.' M. Sinz, CBM Inc.