Date:      Wed, 06 May 1998 01:04:36 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Grendell <ogre_6_4@yahoo.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Opinions wanted

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> > I'm considering installing a linux distribution to compare with my
> > freebsd (2.2.5 Release).  For those of you running both freebsd and
> > linux, which linux distribution would you recommend to compliment
> > freebsd?  Which linux distribution co-exists best with freebsd?
> >
> > This is NOT linux vs freebsd mail.  I would just like to know what linux
> > distribution freebsd users feel most comfortable with.
> >
> > Thanks.

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-chat" in the body of the message
>
> I don't feel comfortable with any linux distribution so far
> I have tried slackware and redhat 5.0 . If someone can point me to a nice
> linux distribution I would very much would like to hear about it .
> Typically, I run FreeBSD however I have win98, win95, win nt 5.0 on
> spread out on my two systems.

	My linux -using friends tell me that debian is the best linux for those
who are knowledgeable about unix, red hat is the best for those who want
to get a running start with minimal learning. I don't use linux myself
at all so I'm just passing things on. :)

Hope this helps,

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud designer and maintainer of the world's largest Internet