Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:52:44 -0500
From:      James Snow <snow@teardrop.org>
To:        Freddie Cash <fcash-ml@sd73.bc.ca>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad X40 (2371-H9U) - Atheros attach fails?

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 09:24:27AM -0800, Freddie Cash wrote:

> I'm running a Toshiba Satellite A60 (JL1) with built-in Atheros
> wireless.  I've got 6-CURRENT from Jan 10 installed and it's giving me
> very nice, solid connections using either WEP or WPA (using
> wpa_supplicant port).
>
> There are patches for the net80211 and ath layers that apply to
> FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE.  However, they are no longer available on the
> FreeBSD website, and nobody seems to have a copy of them anymore.  :(
> These patches provided solid connections using WEP for my three
> Atheros cards.  Maybe you'll have better luck finding them (not the
> Aug 24 patchset, the one after that).

I was trying to pull the ath_hal module down from current myself, but I
wound up also needing newer code for ath, and then wlan, and then
net80211, and then I was still missing something. So I'm going to give
-current a whirl.

There's also a problem with the video when you close the lid with X
running. When reopened, everything is fine - mouse, etc. - except that
video has shifted down about an inch and a half on the screen, with
garbage appearing at the top of the screen. Restarting X fixes it.

I'm hoping this won't also be a problem in -current, but has anyone seen
something like this before?

-Snow