Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:12:54 -0500
From:      rafege@mail.com (G.E. Rafe)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem: Recent Wine won't load Win32 binaries

Took a look this weekend at compiling the most recent
Wine snapshot (20040213) on our Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100
running 4.9-RELEASE.
Kernel compiled with USER_LDT, SYSVSHM, SYSVSEM, & SYSVMSG.

Previous snapshots ran OK here, but were "buggy".

After getting the binaries & libaries all installed,
attempting to run a "native" Win32 (Win2k) application
returned the message:

err:virtual:map_image FATAL: Need to relocate module from addr 1000000, but there are no relocation records
wine: could not load L"C:\\WINNT\\system32\notepad.exe" as Win32 binary

While attempting to run a "Setup.exe" from a mounted CDROM,
this different message:

err:virtual:map_image Standard load address for a Win32 program (0x00400000) not available - security-patched kernel ?
wine: could not load L"D:\\Setup.exe" as Win32 binary

The bundled Wine "notepad" starts & runs OK (mostly).

Is it me, or is something up with Wine recently ?
In either case, is there a fix for this "cannot load" problem ?
--
Gary E. RAFE, Ph.D.
rafege@mail.com