Date:      Mon, 09 Apr 2001 14:08:10 -0400
From:      Mikel <mikel@ocsinternet.com>
To:        Anis Badri <anilinet2k@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DSL with earthlink in LA using ivasions winPoet

have you added any system infor to your dhclient.conf?
providers) you'll need atleast the following to support DHCP properly...
routers,
domain-name, dmoain-name-servers, host-name;
hostname and MAC address to make this work. If the site is indeed runnig
DHCP then you should be good..
an internet connection via earthlink DSL (DHCP) using my freeBsd box with
no success.&nbsp; They (earthlink) do not provide for any OS other than
win95/98.&nbsp; They use Ivasion's winpeot software package to establish
a&nbsp; PPP link.&nbsp; I have gone through several onlines docs to try
to estabish a ppp connection with dhcp and nothing has worked.&nbsp; If
someone has had the same experience with PPP and DHCP on DSL can you please
send me resources on how to go about setting up an internet connection.&nbsp;
WinPoet has virtually no documentation on implementation details.
Mail Personal Address</a> - Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail.</blockquote>