Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2014 21:03:00 -0400
From:      Joe Nosay <superbisquit@gmail.com>
To:        CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl>
Cc:        chromium@freebsd.org, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>, Niklas Enbom <niklas.enbom@webrtc.org>, gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Making WebRTC available for FreeBSD
References:  <CA%2BWntOuY7E%2B__KVPP%2BHJ6QjT6YhAa0rFfFPROFrcfyDmTLRHXA@mail.gmail.com> <CAHzHjDP9PhT%2B=qfdzBJ-snEKRriXAhKg2Oc9YLKRBC7BDc6Cag@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOsk36cUcrHe-B1H_Eps773-_9FdqGtgUQB7nPpfZtQ5Lg@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOuFQDdXuw5_A6Go-1=VCkqDUgGF8PxfKeBUQRTO5hYEiw@mail.gmail.com> <CAHzHjDNQPRyYY8rmkYU%2Bptg=hR7wcH1wawKWv-T3uhN65mYMdg@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOv_c7rB6_CF62SuPAHQtiMGOgoyqo9CY_eunK_po8TmGg@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOtLiJZ1kPsW7FVn5m0BLD2hF1hG_mJF%2B7PfCoSc=5vKiw@mail.gmail.com> <CAFYkXj=jpcyGtk=tYA93E9uLMYVvWcvD18uwi4DnhLy8mzKKnw@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOuqS2b0mBB5BYQLmdwfm2d5Hjo3%2BnrCd37C_%2BAGcUgChQ@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOsJNTQXFi4UFi88=ipcn_0otshO6ChoOjKfvaBgiQPoTQ@mail.gmail.com>

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 5:26 AM, Joe Nosay <superbisquit@gmail.com> wrote:

> I know that by reading the files in
> webrtc_source/trunk/webrtc/modules/audio_device that a freebsd folder needs
> to be located there. The linux system shows control of the audio through
> pulse and alsa .  What should be located there are the files referencing
> the proper parts of system, phonon, gstreamer, esound, and others.  If I
> had a nother computer with Linux on it, I would compare the references to
> the files in trunk/build/webrtc/modules/audio_device/linux to what would be
> the equivalent on FreeBSD.  The linux files would then be used as a
> template to create the freebsd ones.
> What are the freebsd base system h files needed? Reference them at a new
> folder. Which sound severs? Another reference.
>
> There is a command using find and grep to print out files which contain an
> exact phrase. I t is not " find /$PATH -exec grep -H -E -o "PATTERN" {}
> \;"
>

> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 8:41 PM, Joe Nosay <superbisquit@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 4:15 AM, CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl> wrote:
>>
>>> Lets make wiki page on freebsd website and start a repository with the
>>> code and make it happen :-)
>>>
>>> Please let me know if/how I can help :-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> CeDeROM, SQ7MHZ, http://www.tomek.cedro.info
>>>
>> Okay, I need advice. I won't quit. Where and in what directory should I
>> start. There is a build farm but it doesn't include FreeBSD.

What I have realized is that there needs to be an environment in which
FreeBSD, Linux, and Google can share.
My tutorial will be cleaned up.

Here is what I have learned:
1. A Google FreeBSD environment can be created.
2. The filesystem must be ZFS. The architecture must be amd64/x86_64. The
installations need to be CentOS and Debian on the FreeBSD Google
environment and the two Linux environments.
3. Emulation of the Linux systems will leave something to be desired. By
comparing a build on a jailed  Linux system to a bare metal  Linux install,
we can see what needs to be done on FreeBSD.
4. The build environment allows the FreeBSD user to see how different Linux
distributions can be made to work together. E.g. What if the kernels build
faster in the Debian jail and the environments build faster in the CentOS
jails?
5. Google and Linux developers will also have "native" environments while
learning the layout and internals of FreeBSD.

I had to realize that in order to deal with a Google project, one needs to
setup a Google environment.

Okay, that is almost done.