Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:44:04 +0900
From:      Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        ru@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, re@FreeBSD.org, matusita@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cross-platform releases

ru> This is just a heads up for anyone interested that I have just
ru> started working on a cross-platform "make release" issue so that
ru> "make release TARGET_ARCH=alpha" on an i386 box would produce a
ru> working Alpha release.

Wonderful!  If there are any tasks I can help for you, feel free to
email me.  My buildboxes are awaiting more jobs to do, but myself is
awaiting more spare times to do :-(

ru> The next task will be to support cross-branch "make releases"
ru> so that a 4.x box could be used to produce a 5.0 snapshot.

It seems that there are 2 problems; some syscall issue, and md/vn
device issue.  However, IIRC, the latter problem was already resolved
by nyan-san.

ru> Supporting non-root "make release"s might be a good idea too.

This requires that non-root uses vn/md device...

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita