Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 08:59:48 -0400
From:      "Mark" <meinreinhof@mep.nist.gov>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

When booting up my FreeBSD 4.4 system I receive a ?warning? message after it
says it is trying to start network services. The machine hangs for a bit
then pops up the following message and continues to finish booting.

Can not send MNT PRC:RPC: portmapper failure-RPC: timeout

As far as I can tell everything is working properly to include X, and
dial-up.

I don't use NFS or NIS (the only things off the top of my head that use
portmap), I selected the defaults during install so inetd.conf is commented
out.

Any thoughts?

****************************
LT Mark Einreinhof