Date:      Tue, 08 Jul 1997 22:57:02 -0700
From:      "Daniel A. Borlean" <bord@cruzio.com>
To:        support@cdrom.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.2 Boot Floppies

Hi,

I recently purchased the FreeBSD 2.2.2 OS from Walnut Creek CDROM and am
having difficulties installing it on my computer (486 DX PC).

One of the difficulties is that there is no 1.2Mb boot floppy image file
in the /FLOPPIES subdirectory.  I need such a file because the boot
drive of my computer is a 5 1/4 " drive which can only support 1.2Mb or
less of disk space.  Can I be sent a 1.2Mb file or be given a link where
I could download it?

Another problem is with my CD-ROM drive.  I have previously installed an
earlier version of FreeBSD with the FTP installation option, so I did
not need to use my CD-ROM drive for installation.  I removed the old
version of the os because of partitioning problems.  But now, when I try
to boot off of the earlier version's boot disk, the installation program
cannot detect my CD-ROM drive.  I have a quad speed Creative Labs
"SoundBlaster" CD-ROM drive and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to tell
the kernel (at the Boot: prompt?) to explicitly detect my CD-ROM drive?

Thanks for your help,
Daniel

--
  / \ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ /   http://members.cruzio.com/~bord  \
  \ / Scotts Valley, CA /|   http://www.nas.nasa.gov/~bdaniel  \
   |    408-461-1676   / |                                     /\
  -+- /~~~~~~~~~~~~~/-+-  \   ^Life iS shOrt! plaY smarT!!^   / -+-