Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 22:43:20 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newest Pentium bug (fatal)

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote...

> > Perhaps if the source tree were reorganized to be more multiple
> > architecture friendly, progress would speed up?
>
> No, if we had more people with ALPHAs and who actually understood the
> design of the "Miata" it would help more than anything else.  Even

You might consider following the port-alpha list of the NetBSD effort.
It has become quite clear to me that each AXP machinetype is really an
individual, so there is a lot to do for each boxtype.

It is not nearly as simple as people hope (myself included BTW) PCs,
with all their quirks, at least have quite some commonality to offer.

Wilko
----------------  Support your local daemons: run [Free,Net]BSD Unix  --Yoda