Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 12:52:40 +0400
From:      Ilya Naumov <camel@avias.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG

running FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT i have encountered the following
problems:

1.  something is wrong with psm0 driver. my Genius NewScroll PS/2 mouse works
well, but in random moment when i touch the mouse kernel starts to write to the
system log the following.

Apr 29 11:55:58 camel /kernel: psmintr: out of sync (00c8 != 0008).
Apr 29 11:55:58 camel /kernel: psmintr: out of sync (00c0 != 0008).

when it happens, mouse cursor moves, but buttons do not work. only
reboot solves this problem. this bug doesn't appear with Microsoft and
Hewlett-Packard mice.

my string in my kernel config related to mouse is
device          psm0      at atkbdc? irq 12

and kernel detects the mouse as

psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> on atkbdc0
psm0: model NetMouse, device ID 0
psm0: interrupting at irq 12

2. i cannot start X Window + KDE wirh new kernel. the system just reboots when
i start X. everything is ok with older (Tue May 11 16:17:50 MSD 1999) kernel.

3. i don't think that it is really a bug, but it's just interesting for me.
during bootup process my kernel writes the following message:

Bad SMBIOS table checksum!

so, what is SMBIOS table and why its checksum is bad? :)

--

sincerely,
ilya naumov (at work)