Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 1997 16:26:22 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

[Some great Terry invective elided]

> It's not so much as "where to start" that pisses me off, but "where you,
> personally, will stop".  How non-critical to you, personally, does a
> standard-since-time-immemorial system component have to be before some
> legal Leprechaun waving what he claims is an invisible magic Shellaleigh
> (but is really his fist) can not get you to dike it out as a paniced
> reflexive reacion?!?

I can only repeat my earlier statement: Experience has shown us that
the benefit-to-risk ratio of /usr/src/games is low.  Period.  I don't
personally care about the degree of emotional attachment you or anyone
else here has to them because I do not regard this as an issue to be
debated on emotional grounds - save that for the anti-abortion debates
because this is just a collection of bits who's "standardness" is
entirely secondary to their function and can always be loaded as a
port by the aging hackers who, with the aid of a growing collection of
"Speed Racer" cars and Mighty Mouse T-shirts, seek to recapture their
lost youth through such nostalgia.  I'm not denying you that, Terry,
calm yourself. :)

					Jordan