Date:      05 Jan 2003 12:35:08 +0300
From:      "Vladimir B. " Grebenschikov <vova@express.ru>
To:        David Magda <dmagda+fstable@ee.ryerson.ca>
Cc:        Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi>, Sten Daniel S?rsdal <sten.daniel.sorsdal@wan.no>, "Wright, Michaelx L" <michaelx.l.wright@intel.com>, fkittred@gwi.net, Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, wpaul@ctr.columbia.edu
Subject:   Re: wi0 and mtu setting [bad idea]

=F7 Sat, 04.01.2003, =D7 18:43, David Magda =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC:
> On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 02:41:38PM +0200, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
> > I just dont understand why FreeBSD people have to make this wi driver s=
> > tight in standarts even though there are wireless cards which support
> > non-standard(and sometimes nice) things which can be useful. I definete=
ly
> > disagree that something should be in standard so you will allow setting=
 of
> > it!

Another reason for jumbo frames on WiFi is support for 802.1q VLAN
encapsulation on WiFi without fragmenting 1500 ip packets. I have some
places where such feature is very useful.

--=20
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov <vova@express.ru>
TSB "Russian Express"