Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:41:08 -0700
From:      Dan Peterson <danp@danp.net>
To:        Erick Mechler <emechler@techometer.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USA_RESIDENT is back?

  Erick Mechler <emechler@techometer.net> wrote:

* I just built/installed world and I noticed that in
* /etc/defaults/make.conf, the USA_RESIDENT option seems to be back,
* while the MAKE_RSAINTL option has disappeared.  Was this change made
* recently?

Apparently, USA_RESIDENT is still used for some ports for export-related
issues (not sure if this really applies anymore). MAKE_RSAINTL went away
because the system now uses OpenSSL's RSA implementation instead of using
RSAref if USA_RESIDENT is YES.

--
Dan Peterson / danp@danp.net / 415.505.4855