Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 13:59:06 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        John Toon <john.toon@btinternet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE2 Package/binary packages?

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 10:32:21AM +0000, John Toon (john.toon@btinternet.c=
om) wrote:
> Is there any possiblity that someone could submit a binary package for=20
> kdebase-2.1.x since I just cannot get the port to build (or build=20
> directly from source)? I've been cracking my head over it for a couple=20
> of days, consulting with the KDE mailing list, with still no success.
[...]
> Incidentally, as a side question, why is it that some ports simply don't=
=20
> have a binary package available, or only get one many months later?

Hello John,

I am the maintainer of the core KDE2 ports/packages for FreeBSD.
I hadn't noticed, but it appears that some things are missing
from the packing list for the kdelibs2 package.  I will fix this
tonight, since this is causing kdelibs2 dependencies (e.g.
kdebase2) not to build.. I'm not sure why there isn't any
kdebase2 package but apparently it didn't successfully build on
the package cluster with the current version of the kdelibs2 pkg.

Thanks,
--=20
wca

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l