Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2004 20:00:09 -0500
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/java/jdk14 looping on install?

>> (02.09.2004 @ 1145 PST): Alexey Zelkin said, in 2.3K: <<
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 07:58:37AM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:

> > > It appears to be strange that you even passed pre-build: checks then.
> > > If you are using linux jdk as bootstrap jdk then linprocfs should
> > > be mounted and active.
> >
> > After more thatn 36 hours of CPU time, I terminated the build.  The
> > java process continued to run so I terminated that manually.  A kill -
> > TERM did not kill it so I resorted to a kill -KILL.
>
> Yep.  It was reported many times before.  Most usual reason is hard
> dependancy linux_base on linprocfs (in linux jdk case).  Second most
> reported case with such behaviour is mixing threading libraries.  Since
> you are building jdk from scratch I assume linux_base is your problem.
>
> NOTE: Actually, I am talking about this issue (linux_base related) only by
> reports of other people.  I never was able to reproduce such behavior
> on my build machine. :(
>> end of "Re: ports/java/jdk14 looping on install?" from Alexey Zelkin <<

Apologies, but I don't understand what you mean here. I have no
threading issues on my box, but I am definitely experiencing the
problem. I don't know what you mean by "hard dependency linux_base on
linprocfs." What is it that I have set up wrong, and what do I need to
change? Other linux apps seem to work fine, and linprocfs mounts without
complaint.

I am using linux_base-8-8.0_4, which was present when all the linux jdk
components were installed on this box.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger