Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:31:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        John Kelly <jak@cetlink.net>
Cc:        Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New 3.0 SNAPshot CDROM about ready for production..

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, John Kelly wrote:

> Yes, but -stable is so far behind in features it's -stale.  And now
> that Jordan's merging all he can into -stable it may be thoroughly
> broken by the time the 2.2.6 CD is cut.  All new bugs with few new
> features.

I find this hard to believe.  I don't track -stable at the moment, but I
did so for some time, and I did not encounter (m)any freshly introduced
bugs.

What makes you think that the functionality being backported to -stable
isn't useful or tested?  I am under the impression that both of those are
criteria for inclusion in -stable.

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."