Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 20:15:34 +1000
From:      John Vender <john@jmv.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: oops! sio0 err <- rest of err message

This problems is not exclusive to slow boxes. Just over a year ago I=
 installed 3.4 on a new Dell with a 500MHz PIII and when I got PPP going I=
 saw a mountain of the sio0 overflows. Bit of hunting around found the=
 advice to turn on DMA for the IDE controller and turn off USB in the BIOS.=
 This helped a lot but didn't get rid of them completely, just reduced them=
 to the point where it was possible to ignore them. Just for a test I=
 installed a second serial port and tried using that, made no difference.

Cheers...John