Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 1999 17:43:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make port and bsd.port.mk

Satoshi Asami writes:
> But you are right, I probably outsmarted myself.  Hmm, how can I fix
> this.  What do people think of something like:
>
> ===
> PORTSDIR?=	/usr/ports
> .if exists(${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.port.mk)
> .include "${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.port.mk"
> .else
>  :
>  rest of original bsd.port.mk
>  :
> .endif
> ===
>
> as a final version of bsd.port.mk in 2.2-stable?

That looks reasonable to me...

Also (unrelated comment), somewhere it should be pointed out (if
it's not already) that in order to build any ports yourself, you
really have to have the entire ports tree checked out because of
all the inter-port dependencies.

Another question: when you do an install and include X, should
it register the XFree86 port, so all the x utilities don't give
a warning message?

-Archie