Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 1995 16:00:17 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Stephen Mathezer <mathezer@newera.ab.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help setting up iijppp Server

I am trying to get my machine to accept ppp connections.  Actually, I'm
only interested in one specific connection, from a NetBlazer here at
work, to my machine at home.  I have a fixed address for the FreeBSD
machine.  I have the NetBlazer all configured, it dials and logs in to my
machine, but then the connection is terminated for some reason.  The ppp
user appears in wtmp so they apparently got logged in, but ppp.log never
gets updated so it seems that ppp has trouble starting.

I have a few questions:

-Do I need to add an entry in the ppp.conf file for INCOMING sessions with
a set ifaddr.... and add 0.... ?

eg: in /usr/local/bin/ppplogin:
#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/ppp -direct incoming

in ppp.conf:
incoming:
 set ifaddr....
 add 0 ....

-How can I tell what is happening between login and ppp startup?

-Any suggestions as to what I may be missing, or what I could look for?

Thanks

-Steve