Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:09:35 +0200
From:      "George Manessiotis" <george@edu.uoc.gr>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NIS Problems

Hi all,

I have set up a NIS master server on a FreeBSD 4.5 fresh installation
and everything seems to be fine except the fact that the passwords that
this server stores it the domain's maps are all replaced with " * ".
When I go to the clients and do "ypcat passwd" I can see all the
accounts but the passwords are replaced with * and as a result no user
can log on... I am new to unix but I have done this again and everything
went fine, I can't see why this happens now... Does anyone know what
should I do?

Thanks in advance,
george