Date:      Thu, 4 May 2000 11:46:24 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: size of root (was Re: Debugging Kernel....)

Ronald Klop <ronald@klop.yi.org> probably said:
> PS: another way to do this is dump a backup, reinstall a minimum FreeBSD
> with different sizes and restore the backup.

You don't have to reinstall a minimum freebsd to restore. The fixit
floppy has restore on it.  I tend to resize machines by dumping to
spare local disk or NFS disk, booting from the install floppies, using
them to resize them and then using the fixit floppy to restore.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu