Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:23:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      "[gill]" <gill@topsecret.net>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new to BSD

I like the shoe idea.  Perhaps we could get the other *BSD denominations
to cooperate with us on it using different colors?

I have also thought for a while about trying to modify the 'deamon' with
an angel.  You know, the kind of thing that sat on Sylvester's right and
left shoulder as he decided to eat Tweety or not.  There could be the
traditional daemon logo and a more digestable (at least
stateside) angel.  I'm trying to put together some systems for my church
and I have wonders as to how well the little red guy is going to go over.

And the processes that run without user interaction might well be called
guardian angels.

Certainly I am not the first to have thought of any of this!

--gill

Remember?  When you said:

->Terry Lambert writes:
->[about "culturally neutral" logos]
->> The daemon is right out; even if he were politically correct
->> everywhere as "non-satanic" (esp. in Central and South America,
->> with a high population of traditional Catholics)... he has only
->> three fingers, being a US cartoon character, and is therefore
->> unacceptable in Japan as having potential links to the Yakuza,
->> where cutting off a finger is a pledge of loyalty and/or an
->> indication of repentance.  Even ignoring these links, "deformity",
->> such as polydactylism and/or missing parts is often taken as a
->> sign of just retribution for a wrong (karma, etc.).
->
->For such a logo one might use a green sneaker/tennis shoe. Hightops
->with a round patch logo at the ankle. This should take care of most
->Politically Correct issues. While the rest of us know its still the
->same old traditional BSD daemon, only a close up.  :-)
->
->Then again, maybe we'll have to worry somewhere the number of laces on
->the shoe has deadly ramifications. And whether it was tied left over
->right first, or right over left.