Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 17:50:03 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        steve@havk.org, Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca, admins@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FYI: mx2.FreeBSD.org listed by ORBS

At 05:39 PM 7/15/2001, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

>Well, /me is already angry -- for not being told, that "ORBS is dead".

I found out only by accident, when I tried to submit an open relay
for testing via ORBS' Web page. I had about a dozen sendmail.cf's to
rebuild for multiple machines, so I cancelled an appointment and had
at it. If I hadn't reacted immediately, the mail servers would have
slowed to a crawl while they waited for DNS.

This is one reason why I submitted a PR some months ago that would
have modified the Sendmail makefiles to let you rebuild your whole
library of cf files at one time. I haven't checked to see if the
change is in the tree yet.... I have it in my own makefiles.

--Brett