Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:06:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kevin Lyons <klyons@corserv.corserv.com>
To:        des@ofug.org, rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, klyons@corserv.corserv.com
Subject:   Re: winDriver selling fbsd

> You misunderstand me: I'm not flaming WindRiver (though maybe Kevin
> was).  I don't particularly care if they sell FreeBSD directly or if
> they link to FreeBSDMall.  I'm objecting to your language in defending
> WindRiver.  I think Kevin had a point which you didn't answer in that
> mail, though you answer it here (ie, why is there no mention of
> FreeBSD on their web page?), and calling him an idiot doesn't help
> anyone.

I didn't intend to flame windriver.  But I was suprised and disappointed
at not having fbsd listed on their site.  And yes, they did not acquire
freebsd.  However, semanitcs aside, they are the primary distribution means
just like bsdi was and walnut creek were.  I've been using fbsd for 4
years and have alsways been able to tell friends and colleauges to go
to bsdi or walnut creek to get the cds.  I would have expected their
successor to do the same, but then I'm not in marketing..maybe the plan
is to increase distribution of fbsd through obscurity.

As far as the idiot comment goes...I've read too many of das emails to
be offended by anything he writes.