Date:      Fri, 02 Mar 2001 16:25:06 -0800
From:      ben <ben@stonehenge-net.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   trouble with ata 66 drive on main controller of Abit kt7a-raid

am having difficulties with the main ata controller.  i've got a couple
of IBM ata 100 drives on the highpoint, but wanted to add an additional
drive to the main ata bus.  every time i try to mount it i get 'udma
write error' several times, the bus gets reset, and then the process
just gives up and fails.

the drive is the secondary master, with my cdrw as the primary master.

should i swap the cables around or something?  i remember reading of
some problems when running a cd as the master device, but i'd like to
leave it it's own channel to keep my frisbee ratio lower.

thanks