Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:17:13 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec SlimSCSI

Jussi Reissell <reissell@cc.helsinki.fi> probably said:
> I recently installed 3.4-20000128-STABLE on my laptop and am now

> I already got my nic working alright so things are going pretty
> good. The adaptec SlimSCSI (1460A) is giving me some slight headaches,
> though.

> Initializing PC-card drivers: ep sio

This means aic isn't getting set up as a pcmcia driver.
Unless you see aic listed there, it will never work.

> So, what could be wrong? The "config" line for the SlimSCSI looks like
> a possible suspect as do the io/irq values. At the moment I have no
> way of checking them, so a push in the right direction is very much
> appreciated.

To my knowledge the patches for cam-ised aic are not in STABLE yet (I
could be wrong here).  They definately are in PAO for 3.4,
however. I'm using that with my 1460B with no problems.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu