Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:43:56 -0800
From:      "Craig R" <craigery13@hotmail.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   AC97 audio support on VT8233

Just today, I purchased an EPoX EP-8KHA+ mainboard. It has onboard sound
running on the VIA VT8233 southbridge, which appears to not be currently
supported by FreeBSD. If it is, can anyone guide me on how to get it
working? If it is not, I am offering to be a test bed for anyone that would
be willing to write a driver for it. At present, I am using my brother's SB
Live!, which I am sure he wants back. Any feedback is much appreciated.

-Craig