Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 22:57:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Robert L. Bailey" <rlb@cs.umb.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP Question

Hello,

I just compiled PPP into my kernel (FreeBSD 2.1.0-R) and there seems
to be a problem with the protocol.  Whenever I start PPP on the client
side I recieve an error message which states the following:

pppd: 2.1.2 started by root, uid 0
pppd: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/cuaa0
pppd: input: Unknown protocol (80fd) recieved!

It then connects without further problems.

Under Linux the Unknown protocol (80fd) can be corrected by
Is there an means of loading compression under FreeBSD?

Thanks in advance,

Bob Bailey

UMASS/Boston UNIX:  	rlb@cs.umb.edu			IRC Nic: rlb, cons32
UMASS/Boston VAX/VMS:	cons32@umbsky.cc.umb.edu	IRC: 	 #linux