Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:15:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Fred Cox <sailorfred@yahoo.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: www/dotproject out of date and vulnerable

For my second iteration of installing this through the
original port, I was able to install mysql323-client
and php4 before installing dotproject, and everything
worked.  So it appears that php4-mysql will use
mysql323-client if it's already installed.  I haven't
dug through the code to see how that is done, though.

There are patches out there for making things work
with MySQL 4 and 5.  However, they are not officially
supported.

I am debating putting the patches in for MySQL 5, but
if someone goes to the trouble of installing MySQL
3.23 before installing php4-mysql and dotproject, I
think it will break.

Is there any way of getting the dotproject dependency
on MySQL 3.23 to be stronger than the php4-mysql
default dependency on mysql5-client?

Thanks,

Fred