Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:40:04 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Backup Server

Greetings,
I have an NT 4 server that I wish to back its data up to a
FreeBSD box running Samba.  The thought being that
since I cannot back all the NT 4 data up to one tape
(24GB compressed), that I could back it up every other night.
The nights it didn't go to tape, it would go to the Freebsd box.

Should I use Freebsd 4.x or 5.x ?  The disk drives in the to
be installed FreeBSD box are SCSI.  Should I use Vinum ?

Just curious about others thoughts before I start setting it up.

thanks,
-D