Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 2009 18:07:36 +0100
From:      Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala@hinterbergen.de> (by way of Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala@hinterbergen.de>)
To:        Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
Cc:        Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala@hinterbergen.de>
Subject:   Re: sparc64/142102: FreeBSD 8.0 kernel panics on sparc64 when accessing NFS

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 17:28:18 +0100
Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 04:00:09PM +0000, Manuel Tobias Schiller wrote:
> > The following reply was made to PR sparc64/142102; it has been noted
> > by GNATS.
> >
> > From: Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala@hinterbergen.de>
> > To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, mala@hinterbergen.de
> > Subject: Re: sparc64/142102: FreeBSD 8.0 kernel panics on sparc64 when
> >  accessing NFS
> > Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:40:04 +0100
> >
> >  Dear all,
> >
> >  the fix I gave in the original problem report appears to be
> > incomplete; the kernel still crashes sometimes during NFS access due
> > to improper alignment, this time in sys/nfsserver/nfs_srvsubs.c, line
> > 1355. I will try to continue debugging the issue and report back with
> > any fixes I manage to obtain.
> >

> Note that the original PR is a dupe of PR 140797. Could the second
> panic you're seeing be a result of using an incorrect size parameter
> in your change?
>
> Marius

Dear Marius,

sorry, I searched, but I failed to spot PR 140797. I don't think that the
panic I'm seeing after my change has to do with the size parameter (if
it's incorrect though, please let me know). With the change I can read
files and do directory lookups just fine (tested with a 45 Gigabyte
file). I get the crash the minute I'm trying to write a file to the NFS
share.

Manuel

--
Homepage: http://www.hinterbergen.de/mala