Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 1996 09:07:07 -0500
From:      Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
To:        Eric Eiseman <acolyte@uoknor.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, jerry@kcis.com
Subject:   Re: fdisk'ing the Syquest EZ-135

I have the EZ135 at home, I will check with my setup and report back.

BTW: it should be 128 cylinders...

On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Eric Eiseman wrote:

> I finally managed to play enough tricks with fdisk and disklabel to get an
> EZ135 disk mounted as a ufs device.  But the kernel on bootup and fdisk
> always think that it has 1024 cylinders, and I keep having to retell it the
> correct number of 512 (I get 1024 even with the -r switch to read directly
> from the disk).
>
> Any thoughts as to why this is happening?
>

> Eric Eiseman
> acolyte@uoknor.edu

Any comments or opinions in this message are my own and may or may not reflect
the comments or opinions of my present or previous employers.

                    Jerry Kendall      Border Network Technologies Inc.
         System Software Engineer      Tel +1-416-368-7157 ext 303
                 jerry@border.com      Fax +1-416-368-7178