Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:26:22 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
Cc:        Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ogle -u gui on current with XFree86-4.1.0_12

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 06:14:43PM -0800, Andy Sparrow wrote:
> > Ogle-8.2:
> > When trying to play a dvd with ogle -u gui it always starts, accesses t=
he
> > deve and then stops at:
> >=20
> > xsniff_mouse
> >=20
> > I assume that it doesn't find the mouse but I can't find any error mess=
ages.
> > Does this work for anyone?

	This is an outstanding issue with ogle. However, this has been fixed
in the FreeBSD ports since version 0.7.5. Moreover, the developers have
been very helpful merging the patches to their distribution.
	For instance, I am running ogle 0.8.2 in my system without a problem.

FreeBSD exxodus.here.here 4.5-RC FreeBSD 4.5-RC #4: Thu Jan 17 17:35:42 BRS=
T 2002
root@exxodus.fedaykin.here:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LIOUX  i386

XFree86-4.1.0_11

	Could you please cvsup update to the latest FreeBSD tree and make sure
that you deleted all ogle ports?
	Then, reinstall. Let me know if you still have any problems.
=09
> > ogle -u cli works fine as does mplayer-0.60.1 but also without -gui.  W=
ith
> > mplayer the -gui just seems to be ignored.  I guess that gui's just don=
't=20
> > like me.
>=20
> With 'mplayer', you need to install some skins before you can use the GUI=
.=20
> There's even been a port added recently to install some (one had to manua=
lly=20
> install them before).

	With mplayer, now that we have a skin port, one need only build mplayer
with

% make WITH_GUI=3Dyes

this will install skins and mplayer with gui support. I still have issue wi=
th
mplayer gui (e.g., it only stays at right bottom corner) but it looks
sweet. :)

	Regards,

--=20
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer
flames to beloved devnull@someotherworldbeloworabove.org
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC--