Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 21:30:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        mrami@minerva.cis.yale.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Green" Screensaver mode

> > I'm trying to get my monitor to kick into "green" screensaver mode when I
> > leave it alone.
>
> Isn't a green module part of the xscreensaver package?

Hey Marc!

Nope.  xscreensaver was the first thing I tried.  I have, however, found
the secret, which is why I've copied this to -questions.

The secret is to RTFM. :-)

>From XF86Config(5), we have roughly three options which one may play with:

	options      "power_saver"
	BlankTime    time (minutes)  (Default 10)
	SuspendTime  time 	     (Default 15) (Requires "power_saver")
	OffTime	     time 	     (Default 30) (Requires "power_saver")

BlankTime is the length of time until the screen blanks out.  I don't
completely understand the difference between SuspendTime and OffTime,
they both do something to power down the monitor.  They may not do the
same thing.

Since I don't fully understand these yet, I'm only furnishing this for
the mail archives so hopefully when someone else comes looking for this
they'll have a place to start looking.  I'm going to experiment with
these a bit and see if I can get a better grip on what they're doing.

Party on,

Brian