Date:      Fri, 1 Oct 1999 20:48:43 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rl driver in 3.3-STABLE ...

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 03:03:33PM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Anyone know of any problems with it?  One of my colleages recently moved
> from Windows -> FreeBSD (with not too much urging), but ever since the
> move, he has to 'ifconfig rl0 down; ifconfig rl0 up' at least once a day,
> which he's finding quite annoying :(

I had a similar problem under FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE using the
rl-driver. The card has been working without problems now since I
installed installed rev. 1.10 of if_rl.c from somewhere at
  http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/

I can't say if the driver on Bill Paul's page will work as is
under -STABLE, but you could give it a try.

bye,
  Harold

--
<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet