Date:               Fri, 24 Nov 1995 14:04:20 +0000
From:      "Ken Horemans" <khoreman@cadvision.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:         FTP installation of FreeBSD

A couple of questions....

1. Has anyone ever tried installing FreeBSD into a partition on a
drive which uses the NEC disk manager (used to access over 500 Megs
of a large EIDE drive with an IDE controller)? This means that your
disk information is not correct in your CMOS settings. Will this
work, or should it cause a mess? Is there a way around this other
than buying an EIDE controller card?

2. How long does a base install take over a 14.4K link?? My best
guess is 20 hours(at 54 megs)....has anyone ever done this
successfully?

      Thanks for your help.
        Ken Horemans, khoreman@cadvision.com

BTW, you might want to put info in your FAQ or somewhere else about
how to recover your system if the install fails after the boot
manager is created. I did this by reinstalling dos 6.0 over top of
the other files, but maybe there is a better way?