Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 01:24:34 +0200
From:      Joachim Jaeckel <Joachim.Jaeckel@coffeebreak.de>
To:        John Daniels <jmd526@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JDK1.2.2

John Daniels wrote:

> Also, I understand that someone has IBM's
> visualage for Java working under FreeBSD - could that be made into a port?

If I've the time, I'll try to do it. For the start, (my version of VAJ
is comming as a tar-archive) unpack the archive, make sure that you have
the correct .Xresources file in your $HOME an try to start it (have a
look at my HOWTO-page at http://www.coffeebreak.de/freebsd )

It was reported to me, that I'm not the only one who has it got to run.

P.S.: The VAJ for Linux is still in Version 1.1.7 - no 1.2 Version yet!

Bye,
Joachim.