Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 18:55:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Building EGCS. What am I missing?

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Here is John's fix, adapted to egcs. The fix was made on pgcc 980122 but it
> > should apply mostly cleanly on every version of either egcs or pgcc. I was
> > able to build a shared lib with our bsd.lib.mk after that. egcs doesn't
> > have a STARTFILE_SPEC so I added our own (I'm not sure about it).
> >
> > I'll send them to the egcs folks.
>
> For now, I think it's well-worth adding to the port until we get
> another revision of egcs which incorporates it.  Since I've also just
> finished testing it in action, I might as well commit the patch.

Yes yes yes!  Thanks so much to those who finally got egcs fully working
on FreeBSD.  Perhaps a pgcc port should be created (just tweak the egcs
patches and add the egcs to pgcc patch), and the maintainer of the pgcc
web page notified (The fbsd info is way out of date).

Linux: The Microsoft Windows(tm) of the Unix(tm) world.

- alex