Date:      Tue, 09 Sep 1997 18:33:06 +0100
From:      Richard Jones <rjones@imcl.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PThreads on FreeBSD 2.2.1-R and later - how stable?

Hi again!

After the last attempt to get OmniORB running with PThreads and
so on, I began to wonder exactly how stable PThreads is on
2.2.1-R. Is it worth upgrading to 2.2.2 or even 3.0 to get
better support for PThreads?

I ask this because I'm about to recommend to my company that
we start coding PThreads stuff under FreeBSD ... but I need
to know more about how stable it is now and what the roadmap
is for developing it.

Any help gratefully received ...

Rich.

--
Richard Jones  rjones@imcl.com  Tel: +44 171 460 6141  Fax: .. 4461
ABLE INmEDIA Ltd.  262a Fulham Rd.  London  SW10 9EL.  "you'll write in