Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:19:43 -0500
From:      "Kevin McCormick" <bishopahr@cyberyell.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: ESS Maestro/2E, Compaq Armada E500

:::Praises above for someone responding:::

I'm still having the problem.  I can't get any sound at all out of my Compaq
Armada E500 - I seem to only get a 'blip' when I start up X 4 with Gnome,
but that's about it.  XMMS, X11Amp, and mpg123 don't seem to give any sound.
I tried KDE also but to no avail.

At the end of my kernel config I put 'device pcm', and recomiled and did
'make install'.

I did do the MAKEDEV, so is that a bad thing?  Should I reinstall 4.5-REL?
And what do you mean 'no need for MAKEDEV'?

I highly appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,
Kevin
kmccorm1@stevens-tech.edu