Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 2013 13:27:19 +0200
From:      Monthadar Al Jaberi <monthadar@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   802.11 TX Path && mesh data forwarding

Hi everyone,

I would like to bring up an issue me and Adrian have been thinking bout for
some time now.

It has to do with the recent TX path code re-write Adrian have been working
on and how that affects the 802.11 mesh code. And what is the best solution
for handling data frame forwarding.

I think mesh_forward need to be refactored and modified. And basically just
after duplicating the data frame and decrementing TTL we need to queue the
frame somehow.

This frame is an 802.11 frame that needs to go through the same low level
TX processing a frame coming down from the stack go through.

We need to mark the mbuf containing the frame somehow so we skip some steps
in the normal TX path. Or maybe we need to add a new queue or something
similar.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

--
Monthadar Al Jaberi